Worldwide OPM hit 'Anak' used in 'Gangnam 1970' trailer



When I was an ESL teacher, I had a student who is approximately around 50's already. I'm just guessing because he doesn't want me to know his age. During one of our conversations, he shared that his favorite song was 'Anak' (trans. child) by the Filipino legendary singer Freddie Aguilar. He added that it became a famous song in South Korea in the 70's, that's why he knows it and became his most loved song eventually. He even hummed it. Honestly, I was stunned by what he told me. I felt this 'Filipino pride' within me upon learning that.

In relation to that, I learned that the upcoming South Korean movie 'Gangnam 1970' (previously entitled 'Gangnam Blues') used 'Anak' on its trailer. Maybe, some younger Filipinos are wondering why they used 'Anak.' Perhaps, my encounter with my student can explain that. 'Anak' was a popular song in South Korea during the setting of the movie. It has numerous versions. Here's the Korean rendition:


'Gangnam 1970' is a noir action film written and directed by Yoo Ha. Lee Minho will be top-billing it with Kim Raewon. The story happened in 1970 featuring the backdrop of the real estate development of Seoul's Gangnam district. Lee Minho and Kim Raewon are childhood friends, but their friendship will be tested as the story gets deeper.

It will be released in January 2015 in South Korea.

Watch the trailer below:


written by: loveluytakyo
10/20/14

Comments

Popular Posts